New Report Formatting Settings
Want to control all of your colors? Ok. Done. Pick which icons to use for item status? You can now do that to. You can also change all your report labels, take more control of how concerns roll up into the summary, if at all, and more.
Based on your feedback, we are adding many more options in our settings to control the report formatting. Many of these settings will also affect what you see in the tablet and web apps when you are inspecting, to maintain continuity between the inspection and reporting experience.
Summary of What’s New in This Release:*
- Customize the Item Status label, icon, label color, and icon color.
- Change how the Item Status auto-calculates for you.
- Remove any Item Statuses you don’t want to use.
- Change Concern Significance labels and colors.
- Disable selected Concern Significances and Item Statuses.
- Change the color of the headings in the summary section.
Complete Control Over Your Labels, Groupings, Colors, & Icons
We’ve had many inspectors who want to customize all their labels, colors, and icons.
Some like the way we group things out of the box, but others want to limit their Summary groupings to just a few; or have a standard set of 5 ways to categorize the Significance of their Concerns; or really think an Item Status should be limited to either working as intended or needs further attention.
With the enhanced control in HomeHubZone, you can accomplish all of this and more. So, for example, if you want to have a report with only . . .
It’s easy to do. And, you can click to change the color associated with any of these, to make your inspection report look just the way you like. For more on making the report look the way you want it to, check out this blog post.
Check out the new Settings when they launch and customize your report to your heart’s content!
More Features With Continuous Releases
You may have noticed that we release new features every few weeks, even though HomeHubZone is now a production product. Read more about our continuous release cycles and the benefits it brings to inspectors.
*Important Settings Notes
- Any changes you make to your settings for colors, labels, Item Statuses, Significances, etc. will only affect your current and future inspections. Posted inspections will retain the settings that were in place at their time of posting.
- If you want to disable a particular Significance, HomeHubzone will prompt you to move any concerns with that Significance to a still-enabled Significance.
- Current HomeHubZone users will see these new options in their settings, but the upgrade default will be to match your settings before the upgrade. You can customize from there.